« Home | Geeks Gone Wild If you read my blog regularly, t... » | Abacharam, Abacharam !!!!!!  Who said women are be... » | B***t, P***s and Junk Mail.... Junk mails are ver... » | That That Man, That That Problem I found this fol... » | An Hair -Rising Experience Sushma Swaraj was goin... » | Border and Communism Please don't get fooled that ... » | swamerei I have not even heard of this word at 24 ... » | Common Minimum Programme or Consensus Made Possibl... » | Globalization.....Is it the way for aggrandization... » | "In the Name of Ram" Lord Krishna supposedly make... » 

6/10/2004 

AUSTIN POWERS MINI ME

I am neither a spy nor a baddie. I am just reacting to the AID Conference that I attended in Austin couple of weeks back. It was inspiring to say the least. It invigorated the me inside ME and has given me the vision to look at the larger picture. Where do we stand in the pantheon of useful people to this world has always been a burning question torching my thoughts. I finally found an answer... I stand nowhere.

I had this golden opportunity of listening to Rajendra Singh, the man who shattered the myth that "Large Dams are pillars of India" by professing that traditional methods of water conservation and harvesting done efficiently can make India a water sufficient country. I am not proficient in Hindi but somehow I could realte to what he was saying even before the intrepreter called it in English. The problems that touch your heart always reached your mind irrespective of the language they are conveyed....

For more on Rajendra Singh and his organization Tarun Bharat Sangh

http://www.tarunbharatsangh.com/