« Home | Tsunami relief - An Appeal from AID Usually, moth... » | The South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami - Help!!!! » | What can ONE do? Just ONE dollar a day: has bu... » | Swades... saw it finally Finally, I saw Swades la... » | The Smiles say it all....  » | Electricity.... FINALLY...Thanks to 2000 person-da... » | Completed Check dam  » | the 15Kw Turbine  » | Shramdaan in full swing to clear the canal  » | 2000 person-days of voluntary labour (shramdaan) p... » 

1/03/2005 

THE LISTS

I wanted to write this a good ten days back but I have been deluged(sorry pun not intended) in the recrnt happenings in Chennai. AID Chennai continues its stellar work and I am happy, thankful to all bloggers who did their bit to publicize our efforts.

It has been 26 posts since I wrote something less preachy. So, I decided to break the monotny and I am lisiting 10 greatest sporting memories of 2004.

10. When her nipples touched down: Janet Jackson's Nipplegate lasted a few seconds but it successfully took away the spotlight from a memorable super bowl. Jake Delhomme and Tom Brady went hammers and tongs and Brady simply kept up his nerves ad Patriots won the Super Bowl. If this year's super bowl half time show has Jenfier Lopez revealing something, then it is worth the watch..

9.Shaq/Kobe split: The love-hate or was it hate-hate relationship finally ended. Shaq decided to go East while Kobe stayed put in the Staples Center playing for the most winningest franchise in the NBA.

8.Roger Fedrer's slam Dunk: 3/4 Grand Slams and undefeated in any major final.. Whoa!!! What a year for Fedrer. As Roddick said he threw the kitchen sink at Fedrer but Fedrer replied back by throwing the batroom tub at him...

7.When Tiger Slept in the Woods: Vijay Singh simply tamed the Tiger to win most tournaments, make the most money in a calendar year and also became the numero uno in the game that expnads as "Gentleman Only Ladies Forbidden". I am sure Arnika Sorenstorm would beg to disagree.. Maybe its time to call it GOLI - "Gentleman Only Ladies Included"

6.Every dark cloud has a silver lining: Major Rajvardhan Singh Rathore was the only silver lining in a rather dark and murky Indian Olympic performace.

5.There is nothing called Perfect: said who???. Randy Johnson did a perfecto on May 24 against Atlanta Braves. 27 in, 27 out!!!! Hats off, Randy!!! Now I have to support the Yankees every fifth day.

4. Anybody But Lakers: I HATE LAKERS. I touched the rooftops, when Detroit put the finishing touches on the laker dynasty. Phil Jackson, Kobe, Shaq, Payton, Malone were all spectators as Detroits "D" ruled them....

3.Playing games with your neighbor: India-Pakistan played after a long time and an Indian team set foot on the Pakistani soil after 15 long years. Scinitllating cricket from both sides especially from Sehwag and India won both the test and one-day series

2. Mama, I am home after 86 years: Boston- the biggest story of the year. What a fairy tale finish to the curse that bogged them down all these years? Hats off to Bostoners for being so faithful...

1. See you, Goodbye: said my idol, hero Steve Waugh. The farewell brought tears and life has never been the same. I will admire the man for eternity. STEVE WAUGH: AUSTRALIAN FOR MENTAL TOUGHNESS....

I'll happily swap 1 and 2. Otherwise, good list. Cant think of any you missed.

PS: I am not too much into basketball. Somehow it doesnt excite me as much as football or baseball or cricket. So Ill pass on the basketball ones.

Dude
After much thought, I decided to name them 1 and 2. I did not want to name them a joint numero uno

Post a Comment