« Home | The Making of an American President :Mayor Bloombe... » | Man Mountain to Miami Shaq might go to Miami. Wha... » | Constipation of Thoughts Sharapova won Wimbledon,... » | Vindicated For all those people who did not belie... » | Young Bodies without nutrition are losing their li... » | Viva Las Vegas "Cash Out, Cash Out" I screamed th... » | The Queen is Dead, Long Live the New Queen Yahooo... » | Maria Sharapova- One Step Closer Isn't she hot or... » | Development at a cost Holding on to their homes de... » | The Strikeout Machine The Bigh Unit- Randy Johnso... » 

7/12/2004 

A Childhood Crush

Everytime I see Steffi Graf, it is almost like seeing an ex girlfriend. To say I adored her from 1987 through 2000 would be a shameful understatement. I simply revered her. I remember seeing her on the cover of Sportstar(my mom always bought it for me on Wednesdays ever since I began to spell) for the first time in 1987 when she won the French Open. It was love at first sight. I never missed a match of hers on Television in the good ol days of Doordarshan and I never missed a photograph of hers on Sportstar. There were always prayers on the days of her finals and the folks who knew me - knew Steffi and my unabashed love for her. I picked up fights supporting her and crazily even called Gunther Parche(the guy who stabbed Seles) a "patriot". Many a times during my adolescence I have dreamt of dating Steffi. Even now if Agassi ever changes his mind, I am there for you - STEFFI!!!!!


Steffi Graf  was inducted into the Tennis Hall of Fame yesterdayPosted by Hello