« Home | Once in a blue moon on Saturday. Two full moons on... » | In Search of a new home I saw these fotos in Reut... » | Support Bihar and Assam "God cannot be so cruel. ... » | "What's in a name? That which we call a rose By an... » | The Moore Machine I watched Michael Moore's "Fahre... » | Arizona Diamondbacks have gone from riches to rag... » | You got to be kidding Here is a chance for all th... » | Comfortably Dumb I had this wild imagination las... » | Boston Flee Party Boston is the site of the Democ... » | If Santa Claus decides to visit me during this Chr... » 

8/02/2004 

vi chennai.MEM

This weekend resembled Advani's rath yatra. The speed was hectic and the number of stops were more. Santa Cruz on Friday night, Livermore on Saturday morning, Big Sur on Saturday evening, Gilroy on Sunday morning... The theme was largely "beaches"

Being a Chennaite, I have a special affection for "beaches". Everybody from Chennai loves the beach, maybe because it is the only place where they can see Water. It is probably the only city in the world where water is as precious as Gold. A truly beautiful city with a long coastline. Chennai has to blame itself for its problems. The city had been with blessed with two water channels "Cooum" and "Adyar" which were polluted, spoilt and rendered useless by the inhabitants. Cooum might soon make it to the Thesaurus as a synonym for asphyxiation.

Coming back to the beaches, they always remind me of home. Its seems as if the approaching waves carry those long lost memories of Chennai. As I sit there in the sand watching those waves, nostalgia takes over. Those days at Beasant Nagar beach- when one cared more about masala peanuts and fountain Pepsi than record books and transmission lines; when we went to classes as a break from going to the beach; Your heart flutters for those glorious moments spent in the pavement of Besant Nagar beach. As I get up to go home, I see those waves go back in the same speed they came.

The Summer of 96.....

one thing that I observed was that Marina beach has more sand space as compared to the ones here. I would actually rate marina over many of the beaches here.
how funny, I was also in Big Sur and Gilroy this weekend... I was taking the PCH to San Jose for a change, it was a pain in the neck to drive for 8 hrs though.

Post a Comment