« Home | Weekend Waiting Hey its Friday... Two Days of bre... » | Random Ramblings India won the first test match. ... » | Much Ado About Nothing The one news on everyone's... » | I am back - I think I have finally decided to bl... » | Honesty is the best policy - Says who?? How many ... » | Tale of Two Cities All Characters in this artic... » | Steve Waugh - Australian for Mental Toughness The... » | Merry Christmas » | The Mathe"Magician" I was watching "Goodwill Hunt... » | Why is arranged marriage so much like getting a jo... » 

4/05/2004 

Turncoats

Yesterday was 4/4/4. It happens once in a 100 years. Isn't it amazing that our busy lifestyle does not allow us to spot some of these very minor but peculiar occurrences. More importantly, the clocks were advanced by an hour in the Pacific Coast yesterday. Neither in India nor in AZ, the two places which I have called home ever since I was born, they observe daylight savings time. I slept the same amount of time as I would on any other day but suddenly it dawned on me that my sleep had consumed an hour extra. It seemed very weird and different because I have never experienced it before.

I am an avid follower of the Indian General Elections. The Largest Democracy in this world going to polls. Kudos to the election commission for organizing such a massive exercise with such great efficiency. The one issue that has dominated the last two polls in the country has been the foreign nationality of one of the candidates to the PM's chair. My viewpoint on the whole thing is very clear. "Can a person of foreign nationality lead India?" . My answer would be a yes if the person had spent sufficient amount of time in India working with the masses, relating to their problems and helping them resolve it. Someone in the mould of Mother Teresa or Annie Besant. I am not entirely favor of the person in question because of the sole reason the person is heading the oldest party in the nation only because of her dynasty. I do not see the person managing the demands of the topmost position in the country with ease and grace.

That doesn't put the other parties in any better position. They have their own shortcomings and anyone who wins must be deserve the victory and repay the people in kind for electing them.

Jai Hind