« Home | Hail Seinfeld... One of my friends, Saranyan( htt... » | 100... Last post was my 100th post. Quite surprise... » | God Save Indian sports One Billion people and one ... » | Times of India Misses a Beat Read the headline bel... » | Ishtyle Statement "He is a cheapo ya" commented o... » | Duh! I have had this feeling for quite some time n... » | vi chennai.MEM This weekend resembled Advani's ra... » | Once in a blue moon on Saturday. Two full moons on... » | In Search of a new home I saw these fotos in Reut... » | Support Bihar and Assam "God cannot be so cruel. ... » 

8/10/2004 

Horro(r)Scopes

"Unnaku Nallavadhu Padhautla Moonavadhu Veetla Chandran Kudi Vandu irrukan" ( Moon has moved into your Fourth Avenue, Third house) remarked "Colonel" Vardachary. "How the f*** can Moon move into the house without signing the lease" was my initial irate reaction. Please don't mistake him to be a Army colonel, he gets the name because he shoots down the stars in the stars chart with the same precision as the army officer would shoot down enemies. As soon he remarked about the moon, I was smirking thinking about the foolish( forgive the cliche) Bush who had planned to send folks to the moon again by 2010. There he was spending a billions of dollars to go to the moon, here I am having dinner with the moon in my house at the behest of the colonel. If it sounds crazy, I find the Colonel crazy as well.

Astrologer really play on your psyche. They always tell you what you want to hear and also to make it more beleivable they always throw some caution just like Bush, Powell, Rumsfeld and Condolezza Rice tell the Americans that they are doing just great but they also keep the terror alert at Orange. I have been very ambivalent about astrology. It is always nice to hear "Colonel" saying you will become a multi millionaire but Colonel never says things straightforward. He would say you will become a multi millionaire provided you cross this big danger on your life when you are 45. The "if" clause has always prevented me from seeing an astrologer and that is necessarily the cause of my ambivalence. Maybe astrologers want you to have that ambivalence to kep their business thriving.....

Why am I writing suddenly about horoscopes? Some of my friends are getting ready for the matrimonial bliss. Few of them have put in hours together sitting next to Golden Gate Bridge thinking about what to write in their blinddate(that is my pet name for arranged marriage) profiles. I would hate to se it all boiling down to the time of the girl's birth. Some of these guys might land an Aishwarya Rai( atleast what they think, uhh.. I always remind them that "If only wishes were horses, beggars would ride") and lose her because of the fact that she is not a particular star.Here is a list of stars. Guys, it is extremely baseless to dismiss a girl on such flimsy grounds after eating soji bhajji in her house.

Think about it. Atleast someone has - Here are views from a sane individual.

white noise: Why Horoscopes