« Home | Ironies - never end The second test match between ... » | Presidential Debate at ASU. Some photos courtesy -... » | Remember Bhopal. Dec 3, 1984 is definitely a black... » | Time for Sparky's pushups I got the feeling that ... » | As I am watching the political race between the Bu... » | I am writing as I am watching the third debate. On... » | Presidential Debate site and the Iraqi Connection » | I sat ruminating last night over the ephemeralness... » | Some of you might be reading this just a few hours... » | Lets go Red Sox Would you believe that a player c... » 

10/18/2004 

Miracles do happen as this one proves - Sandalwood smuggler Veerappan shot dead Although I m yet to beleive that he is dead but lets atleast hope there is figment of truth. I am sounding extremely cautious and skeptical about newspaper reporting today after one of my friends forwarded an extremely shocking and hilarious gaffe by Times of India.

List of Top serial Killers in country says TOI. Look for the guy named Bhaskar in this website . Serial Killer- who?. For Tamil Television viewers, Bhaskar is the same guy who stars in the Jaya TV talk show - "Hari Giri Assembly". I guess TOI should stick to naked models and Rekha's belly buttons rather than trying hard to report some serious stuff.

One heartening feature about the Veerapan death is atleast now our Tamil movie heroes will stop playing the "smart" cop trying to nab Veerapan. I have been bored to death sitting through those movies in which everyone from Rajinikanth to Vaiyapuri have tried to catch the 'elusive' bandit. The only saving grace of some of those movies used to be some leggy lasses like Ramya Krishnan, Lisa Ray shaking their booty to please the forest brigand . I still have a sneaky feeling that TN police might have shot down a half shaven Osama Bin Laden and not Veerapan. I am sure Veerapan is somewhere in those woods sipping "Kalla" Sarayam(Illicit Liquor) and dancing with Disco Shanthi. If they really killed him, then it calls for a celebration and I urge Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to call a national holiday to observe the successful completion of a project that would have consumed more money and take more time than the Veeranam project.