« Home | I am writing as I am watching the third debate. On... » | Presidential Debate site and the Iraqi Connection » | I sat ruminating last night over the ephemeralness... » | Some of you might be reading this just a few hours... » | Lets go Red Sox Would you believe that a player c... » | Ouch, Free Lunches One of the comments to my prev... » | Yawn Monday morning. If only everyday is a gift, ... » | Time for next debate at Arizona State University,... » | Keep it Simple Stupid (KISS) I am writing this as... » | Dream Job is the name of the new reality Televisio... » 

10/14/2004 

As I am watching the political race between the Bush and Kerry unfold into a full fledged soap opera, I am getting the feeling that the Nader factor that threw a spanner in the works of Al Gore in the last elections might become critical. Bush defeated Gore in last elections by 537 votes to capture Florida and enter the Oval office. How many votes did Nader poll in Florida? . 98,000 votes. Most of the 98,000 votes would have gone to Gore as his idealogies are closer to the issues represented by Nader. I don't mean to say Gore solely because of Nader but it was also one of the reasons that we cannot ignore. In some of the key swing states, Nader might still pull some votes and decide the election going either way.

Since you mentioned Nader, I am reminded of a Jay Leno joke on the tonight show a week back.

"According to the latest poll, Bush and Kerry are tied at 49 percent and Nader is at one percent, and the margin of error of three percent. You know what that means? Nader is trailing the margin of error! The margin of error is two points ahead of Nader!"

But then again..1 % might just be a percent too much!

Dude...I suggest blog about something more important...like the RedSox-Yankee series or the upcoming ASU-USC game!! Bush and Kerry both are big jokes anyways.

Post a Comment