« Home | As I am watching the political race between the Bu... » | I am writing as I am watching the third debate. On... » | Presidential Debate site and the Iraqi Connection » | I sat ruminating last night over the ephemeralness... » | Some of you might be reading this just a few hours... » | Lets go Red Sox Would you believe that a player c... » | Ouch, Free Lunches One of the comments to my prev... » | Yawn Monday morning. If only everyday is a gift, ... » | Time for next debate at Arizona State University,... » | Keep it Simple Stupid (KISS) I am writing this as... » 

10/14/2004 

Time for Sparky's pushups

I got the feeling that the ASU sentiments in my blog were becoming an "overkill". But folks,excuse me for one last time as I will have to blog about this weekend's matchup between ASU and USC. It is quite similar to Yankees and Red Soz games. Although the rivalry is not that intense. I am comparing the two because Yankees have been perenial winners and Red Sox have been evergreen losers. In comparison, USC is a storied college program and ASU has had relatively fewer bowl appearances. I was checking on Yahoo and 89% felt that USC was going to win the game this Saturday.

I would still think USC will win but it is a 50.1-49.9 call. I am rooting obviously for ASU and we will win if the defense ranked 13 in the country and second in Pac-10 manages to halt that scrambling assasin in Reggie Bush. If the defense shuts down USC, then we have arguably the best quarterback in Pac-10 (more yards thrown, more touchdowns and less interceptions than both USC's Leinhart and Cal's Rogers) in Andrew Walter. I am sure USC doesn't have the weapons to answer Walter's high octane air attack and we will kick some Trojan ass. Despite our poor season last year, we were level pegging with them last year at home for two quarters and then they pulled away. I am sure Dirk Koetter, the coach is spelling "REVENGE" loud and clear to his players. Iowa was at the receiving end in the beginning of the season and I hope it is USC now.

USC- remember ABC announcer Kieth Jackson's words from last week after the Cal game
"Now the Trojans will look to Arizona State and that big Gatling Gun they have at quarterback."

P.S.: The statistics and numbers are an obvious hangover I am having from the Presidential debate yesterday. One more small statistic, Walter is just 7 TD's away from all time pac-10 TD record held by the one and only John Elway of Stanford. John Elway got into the NFL Hall of Fame this year and is famous for leading Denver Broncos to back to back super bowl victories in the 1990's. A Mile high salute for Mr.Elway.