« Home | Yawn Monday morning. If only everyday is a gift, ... » | Time for next debate at Arizona State University,... » | Keep it Simple Stupid (KISS) I am writing this as... » | Dream Job is the name of the new reality Televisio... » | Didn't I tell you law makers are crazy. Read this ... » | I thinkMaria Maria - Santana f/ Wyclef & Jerry Wo... » | Law Makers are (F)law Makers I am a new Californi... » | There is something about them Its Monday night an... » | People Living in glass houses should not throw sto... » | Bush and Kerry traded punched today at Universit... » 

10/12/2004 

Ouch, Free Lunches

One of the comments to my previous post evoked some memories from grad school where "free' was the order of the day. Grad school international students would be ready to consume even litres of rat posion if it was given free. Thank goodness, I never had to drink rat posion but I knew a few guys who had the luxury of getting $6 free lunch in the school food court. Guys usually took a couple of friends and me along with them to use up the entire $6 everyday. I had friends who used to work in coffee shops and always took good care of the guests. They took much care of the guests that sometimes they would even refuse to take money. I used to go with my friends on every Tuesday for free dinner to escape one of my roomies' horrible uni dimensional cooking.(I went on other days as well but Tuesdays were compulsory). Our house would have gone into the record books for eating the maximum weeks of tomato rice with raita.

Sitting back and thinking about it, those were really some of the best days of my life.