« Home | Isn't the world getting more and more bizzare??? M... » | Headlines I read a headline on Yahoo the other da... » | JOHNNY JOHNNY YES PAPA!!!! I am touching the roof... » | I found this in a friends blog. Isn't it amazing h... » | I think the world is going crazy. I totally endor... » | Miracles do happen as this one proves - Sandalwood... » | Ironies - never end The second test match between ... » | Presidential Debate at ASU. Some photos courtesy -... » | Remember Bhopal. Dec 3, 1984 is definitely a black... » | Time for Sparky's pushups I got the feeling that ... » 

10/22/2004 

Today is Saraswathi Pooja. I loved this day when I was in school as this is the only day my mom did not want me to touch the books. Isn't it amazing to think about the number of holidays that people in India get? We have 10 state holidays in the United States. I am sure it is close to a month in India. I understand that it does happen in a country as diverse as India but I opine that it brings down the productivity a little bit. Time to declare the 5-7 most important days in the history of the country as national holidays without any bias of religion, caste etc and give five to seven days of optional holidays for people practizing a particular faith.

Anyways, to get an idea about the festival that culminates in Saraswathi pooja and also its significance, visit The Festivals of India - Dasara