« Home | Shankaracharya's arrest has generated a lot of pag... » | My novel hasn't gone anywhere. It is stuck at Chap... » | "Kanna, ONE For INDIA ku donate pannu. Angae ORU D... » | Corruption prevails everywhere in India. Have you ... » | Just ONE dollar a day: has built 20 watershed stru... » | This news should have made it to the front pages. ... » | As Shankaracharya was put behind the bars, few ima... » | The King of romance One more romantic Shahrukh Kh... » | Hare Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya sankar used to the hym... » | Yahoo sucks!!!( No puns) I have a visiter counter... » 

11/29/2004 

Red Sox Victory finds a mention in Mount Road Mahavishnu

When you shout in Bostonit echoes in Chennai . Red Sox wining the World Series made news in the land of Tendulkars, Sehwags and Dravids. Sport is a great thread running across several nationalities. I hope there are more Sox caps and T-Shirts in Chennai than the incredibly boring Yankee merchandise

Random Note: Both my brother and I have dressed like Shankaracharya for fancy dress competitions in school. I did it in 5th standard and my brother in UKG. Bro- correct me if I was wrong. Other commendale performances by yours truly include Milkman in 1st standard, drunkard in 3rd standard and fortune teller( in plain tamil kudukudu pandi) in 4th standard for which I bagged the Basket award-the school gave me a waste paper basket as the first prize :-) :-)