« Home | Corruption prevails everywhere in India. Have you ... » | Just ONE dollar a day: has built 20 watershed stru... » | This news should have made it to the front pages. ... » | As Shankaracharya was put behind the bars, few ima... » | The King of romance One more romantic Shahrukh Kh... » | Hare Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya sankar used to the hym... » | Yahoo sucks!!!( No puns) I have a visiter counter... » | You have seen a lot of Indian maps in United State... » | Gilly Dhool Machi!!! This is not a post about the... » | Vanity is the most dangerous sin There is somethin... » 

11/23/2004 

"Kanna, ONE For INDIA ku donate pannu. Angae ORU DOLLAR KUDUTHALAM NOORU PERUKKU ADHU POI SERUM" - Thalaivar was saying publicizing One For India campaign. Before you guys brande me as a lunatic, this was in my dreams. I have been thinking long and hard about the way to publicize this campaign that will eventually affect the lives of scores of people living in rural areas and hence it has dominated my dreams.

But interesting point is how punclines affect your psyche. Be it Thalaivar in Baasha saying "ORU thadavae sonna nooru thadavae sonna madhiri"(If I say it once, it is like me saying it a hundred times) or the old bearded man in nayagan saying "Naaluku Perrukku oodhavi pannanumna ennavenumna seyalam" ( Anything can be done to help people). These lines have a real impact. One of my favorite ones has to be Amrish Puri(I hope it is Amrish Puri. Its dinner time, I might have been confused as I am thinking about Bhel Puri) in Mr. India uttering "Mugambo, Kush Hua". How about Tom Cruise in Jerry Mcguire "Show Me the Money" and Arnold Swarnasekhar's (sorry couldn't spell his last name and MS spellcheck replaced it for me) - "I will be back" or 007's "Name is Bond, James Bond"

The most chick-flicky one has to be Shahrukh Khan stuttering "Bade Bade Deshon me.... blah blah blah" in DDLJ. The most digusting ones would be the ones used by Vijayakanth which neither befit the role nor his expanding waistline.

So the one liners are good but I liked the Master Card commercial a lot especially the ones involving the red sox so I decided to use it as an email aignature ...

Books for Disadvantaged Children - $10
Health Care for a Tribal Village - $100
Electricity for a remote community - $1000
Satisfaction of making a difference - Priceless

To share the joy of the holiday season
visit
ONE FOR INDIA