« Home | The King of romance One more romantic Shahrukh Kh... » | Hare Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya sankar used to the hym... » | Yahoo sucks!!!( No puns) I have a visiter counter... » | You have seen a lot of Indian maps in United State... » | Gilly Dhool Machi!!! This is not a post about the... » | Vanity is the most dangerous sin There is somethin... » | Cricket had a special place in the Indian househol... » | Read this in a newspaper today and couldn't stop b... » | Spams reach the blogs now .....Ready Set Search.com » | My roommate at ASU always strummed Pink Floyd's Th... » 

11/17/2004 

As Shankaracharya was put behind the bars, few images of his crossed my minds. The most enduring image has to be the image of man making his early morning appearance in Doordarshan to deliver his special address on the day of Diwali, Pongal etc. As I stated earlier, I went to schools patronized by the Sankara Mutt but I never had a chance to see the man up close and personal. He did come to my school once when I was in high school but my class teacher decided to put me as a volunteer who would man the gates of the school. Maybe she wanted to keep the non-belivers as far as possible.

Just when I wrote about his apparance at DD, I remembered that opening tune of DD, it used to bring so much happiness to me when I used to wake up for the cricket matches during the 1992 world cup. It was almost like the mating call of a wolf mixed with the pouting of an adamant third grader. DD used to be so much fun.... Remember the tuesday drama at 7:30 , wednesday Chitahaar, Friday Oliyum Oliyum... used to be times when the whole family would be glued to the idiot box. DD really united families. :-) How about DD2's own Junoon. My favorite was Keshav Kalsi and his subtle Thatha Nagarkar... Baba Sehgal, the Desi Snoop Dog( snoop dog fans forgive me) came into his own in Superhit Muqabla.