« Home | Yahoo sucks!!!( No puns) I have a visiter counter... » | You have seen a lot of Indian maps in United State... » | Gilly Dhool Machi!!! This is not a post about the... » | Vanity is the most dangerous sin There is somethin... » | Cricket had a special place in the Indian househol... » | Read this in a newspaper today and couldn't stop b... » | Spams reach the blogs now .....Ready Set Search.com » | My roommate at ASU always strummed Pink Floyd's Th... » | Dumb and the dumber I just recovered from coma. I ... » | It has become a practice for me to lose my voice c... » 

11/13/2004 

Hare Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya sankar used to the hym in school. I went to a school patronized by the Mutt but I was never a favorite of God men. Although I am not going to take sides in this issue, now that the Police have gone ahead with the arrest it is only fair that the Sankaracharya proves that he is not guilty in order to enhance his reputation. In my opinion, the true criminals must be bought to book irrespective of the social/political standing. The case might open a political can of worms which again is good for the country. VHP will continue to shout from the rooftops, BJP might use this incident to stir up the party ranks who have been down and out after their recent debacles, AIADMK will try to remove the "pro Hindu" overcoat that it was supposedly wearing, DMK will denounce the practice of idol worships etc and I will follow all the news from Kanchi Acharya : arrest, shock and drama

actually I'm not all that shocked. given to jayendra saraswathi acharya's political inclinations, I was actually thinking that one day he might even start a political party :-)
the police have very strong evidence against him. forget the outcome, just to put himself in such a situation, being in such a prestigious post, is an insult to all the devotees.

Post a Comment