« Home | Public Speaking "Inga va paa, lead the assembly t... » | Bhopal--- a tragedy that happend in 1984- still ha... » | Red Sox Victory finds a mention in Mount Road Maha... » | Shankaracharya's arrest has generated a lot of pag... » | My novel hasn't gone anywhere. It is stuck at Chap... » | "Kanna, ONE For INDIA ku donate pannu. Angae ORU D... » | Corruption prevails everywhere in India. Have you ... » | Just ONE dollar a day: has built 20 watershed stru... » | This news should have made it to the front pages. ... » | As Shankaracharya was put behind the bars, few ima... » 

12/03/2004 

20 years and Counting.....

TORTURE ME
by a Bhopal survivor

torture me.
aim a blowtorch at my eyes
pour acid down my throat
strip the tissue from my lungs.
drown me in my own blood.
choke my baby to death in front of me.
make me watch her struggles as she dies.
cripple my children.
let pain be their daily and their only playmate.
spare me nothing. wreck my health
so I can no longer feed my family.
watch us starve. say it's nothing to do with you.
don’t ever say sorry.
poison our water. cause monsters
to be born among us. make us curse God.
stunt our living children’s growth.
for seventeen years ignore our cries.
teach me that my rage is as useless as my tears.
prove to me beyond all doubt
that there is no justice in the world.
you are a wealthy american corporation
and I am a gas victim of bhopal.