« Home | "Go East" :A Mantra echoed even in Olympics Is th... » | Much Ado but Nothing to be written I have not blo... » | What CHENNAI means to me Chennai was the place I ... » | Pamela's golden heart earns Mohini a silver - The ... » | India - 0 Gold 1 Silver 0 Bronze Few weeks back, I... » | Back in AC, ouch AZ I am right now in Arizona. Th... » | Usaar Pakiri OB Adikaran Machi < Smart Dude is was... » | Capital Punishment - Are we justified We have see... » | Two Births- August 15 August 15- 19 years ago was... » | Arivudai Nambi Kaliyaperumal Chandran "Sattaila E... » 

9/02/2004 

It is a mad world

The last two movies I have watched have had linkages to my pet hates - capitalism and capital punishment. Risky Business, is a telling commentary on the capitalistic agenda- making money counts, never care how you make it. A highschooler decides to run a local brothel for his affulent virgin friends who cash out their bonds and get money. Our smart businessman laughs his way to the bank.

The Green Mile- Tom Hanks plays an executioner. What a grave job. I have nothing more to write about this heinous rule of putting a man to sword.