« Home | Pamela's golden heart earns Mohini a silver - The ... » | India - 0 Gold 1 Silver 0 Bronze Few weeks back, I... » | Back in AC, ouch AZ I am right now in Arizona. Th... » | Usaar Pakiri OB Adikaran Machi < Smart Dude is was... » | Capital Punishment - Are we justified We have see... » | Two Births- August 15 August 15- 19 years ago was... » | Arivudai Nambi Kaliyaperumal Chandran "Sattaila E... » | Horro(r)Scopes "Unnaku Nallavadhu Padhautla Moona... » | Hail Seinfeld... One of my friends, Saranyan( htt... » | 100... Last post was my 100th post. Quite surprise... » 

8/24/2004 

What CHENNAI means to me

Chennai was the place I was born and I lived for 20 years. What a city!! Mumbaites call it sleepy and people from southern Tamil Nadu might call it "Cooumpatinam" due to the ghastly smelling river runing across the city. Chennai, to me is very dear to my heart. The long coastline, those lovely sand covered beaches, sugarcane juice in the commotion filled Ranganathan street, the sandwich shop in front of Alsa Mall, jostling crowds at Devi Theatre, cool college goers hanging out in Gangotri, long winding lines at Chennai counsulate, EMU trainstop in Tirusulam overlooking the hills and of course home sweet home- I never grow tired writing about Chennai. The warmth and the peace that I get in Chennai is irreplaceable. I can confidently say it is the most peaceful city in the world where you are embraced however different you are. Ask Wasim Akram and the Pakistani team if you need more information about our love and affection.