« Home | The Mahatma - His Life was his message Jan 30 was... » | No more Tsunami Stories Ever since Tsunami struck... » | Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know ... » | Donald Trump sucks, especially his hair. I have ne... » | There is something about Sushmita I was as open m... » | President Bush Inaguration Ceremony!!! Photo Court... » | NY Times Editorial on the flawed Patent Bill Janu... » | I KNOW HOW THIS HAPPEND Kamal had an accident in ... » | First Shot at poetry... I watched Beyond Borders... » | Sorry Dawwwgggs, you have been FIRED...Blog-A Man'... » 

2/02/2005 

When I was really young, I perceived *kissing* as sexual behavior and I was even under the impression that it might lead to pregnancy- a belief that was born out of my exposure to too many Tamil movies in which the hero and heroine kiss, they move the camera to the sunflower, they break into a song and at the end of it they have a baby. So I did think that kissing is the necessary and sufficient contact to breed babies.

The perception changed when I was about 11 years old. A gentleman two years older than me explained the process of propgation of generation through reproduction and thus I have that "halo" around my head. But after all these years, 'Indian wives bring sex out of closet' proclaims Indian Express.

As I read through the article, I see "An overwhelming 96 pc of the subjects considered sex an important aspect of life. While vaginal intercourse was the desired sexual behaviour for 56 pc women, 47 pc desired kissing, 42 pc foreplay, 29 pc mutual masturbation and seven per cent oral sex."... 47% desired kissing as sexual behavior and yet the article screamt that Indian wives bring sex out of the closet....

Amazing yet true are the marketing gimmicks of the media....

Also read, Amit Verma's take on this......

the numbers are misleading. so how am I supposed to interpret this ? 47% desires kissing, thats something man :)

dei saami unakku ithalam thevaya.

Interesting link. More interesting post. What can I say, I have read enough to say that the concept of sex is pretty unique when it comes to India and definitions are weird and sometimes puzzling. But I for sure think the act in itself is no different.

Post a Comment