« Home | Love Da Fight Club Watched this piece of shit mov... » | India Vs. Pakistan - The Charm Persists Click here... » | My money is on Mani "Ooravittu Oddipoidalama"[Sha... » | Budget, Boobs and Brickbats If you are a conserva... » | THALAIVA!!! Pic Courtesy: www.chandramukhithefilm... » | Pride and PrejudiceI watched Bride and Prejudice l... » | New iPods to cost less This is a juicy and quite ... » | The Oscar goes to....I watched The Motorcycle diar... » | It is a Man's world?, is it so??Many a time, you a... » | WaterI beckoned the waiter for "Water" and so did ... » 

3/08/2005 

Dirty Dozen

DISCLAIMER: The title has no connection with the post. You can get out, if you don't want to read after this.

"¿Está esto el vuelo a Seattle?" asked the girl standing next to me in line. Like most latino women, she had sharp features and an eye popping figure. I could understand what she was asking as "Seattle" was a give away and the line was at the airport. So it had to be is this the flight to Seattle? . I replied "Sí" exhausting exactly 4% of my Spanish vocabulary. She replied "Gracias" and took her position in the line behind me. My mind went spiralling back to the movie that I had seen a few days before that....



The movie is about a young girl in Colombia, probably in the same age group as the one that was standing behind me, falling a prey to her poverty and becoming a "mule" transporting drugs to "El Norte" - United States of America. The movie recaptures the trauma of these mules and you often left wondering about the kind of acts that are go on in these airports. Catalina Sandino Moreno is a powerful actress who does the role of Maria with great elan and she will definitely go places in Hollywood. Once again, this movie is in Spanish and sub titled in English.

Airports around the world bring about convergence of various kinds of people. The other day, while I was at the airport, it sudenly struck me how these airports bring about a variety of human emotions from happiness to sorrow to desperation to dejection. It is akin to a temple or a hospital where everyone from a great leader to a terrorist walks through its doors. Most cities tend to display a lot of finnesse in designing their airports and Kuala Lumpur is one of the best I have seen. As much as I like the airports, I hate flying. Everytime I fly, I am almost have the same feeling - the feeling of getting spanked like a young girl in a short skirt.
It is almost as if the time gets to a standstill when I am flying. I look at the watch a million times as if each passing second reveals a new nude women on the dial of the watch. The only thing I like about flying is that I fly Southwest and I don't have to pay a lot.

Flying gets a lot worse if the guy sitting next to you is an absolute jackass. I was on a flight from Dubai to Chennai when the guy next to me pushed me into the threshold of insanity. The only remedy to these problems in the flight is "QUARTER!!!". I have never flown under influence [as I never fly America west] but I should try that next time .... found out that a Vodka with bloody mary is $4.

So okay, the real reason for the post is the fact that "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins is buzzing in my head. I have been trying since morning to remove the damn song but I am continuously humming it.... His voice is really enchanting in this one.....

mi first flight was with amma.....cant really compain was praying for the flight not to burst or be hijacked..... waitress good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sudarshan, I hate KL airport. its nice and looks like a 5 star hotel lobby, ok so what. I have to walk a lot and getting to the gates, immigration counters and exits is always a pain there.

I prefer smaller airports instead.

Anon
Waitress in aeroplane... I bet you are talking about the air hostess.... Might good air hostess are never really the case in US aeroplanes atleast in the ones I hve travelled.

Saranyan
I agree with you on the smaller aiports thingie.... but you would love KL port if you have ever been through Dubai or London.... I love the San Jose aiport... 2 minutes you are in and in 2 minutes, you are out

oki small mistake on mi part....not waitress... air hostess....aiyoooooooo i still cant forget it..... when she said hi to me......i felt shy!!!!!! she lookd really nice... cant help it!!

Air hostesses aint as good these days, as it apparently used to be :(

Spanish women....fun :)

That sounds like an NRI post. Flying so far has not been a bad experience for me, but yes I agree if things like drug smuggling are taken into consideration, matters really appear sordid.

Amrita
Yeah drug trafficking is definitely sordid. ig you are interested, you should probably watch this movi "Maria: Full of Grace". I am not sure whether they will release a spanish movie in India but it will surely make it to one of the film festivals

Post a Comment