« Home | It is a Man's world?, is it so??Many a time, you a... » | WaterI beckoned the waiter for "Water" and so did ... » | Snoop - Da Top DawgI have spent the last few week... » | For the recordThis photograph shows my allergy to ... » | My Photo PhobiaNope it is not the fear of light.It... » | Love you AllLove is a beautiful four letter word. ... » | THINKING LONG AND HARDMe Suffering from constipati... » | Marooned with just Miller Light for companyI have ... » | A Message that I got todayAB-ve blood is urgently ... » | STRESS TESTMy Manager sent this to me... The dude ... » 

2/22/2005 

The Oscar goes to....

I watched The Motorcycle diaries last evening. I have been wanting to watch it for the last six months but kept missing the movie and finally 5 days after the DVD release, I managed to grab a DVD and saw the movie. The movie chronicles a motorcycle journey from Argentina to Venzuela that would revolutionize the thinking of Che Guevara, a communist leader in the cuban revolution. I think both the lead players- Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal, Rodrigo De la Serna - have put in a tremendous performance. The movie is in Spanish and is sub titled in English. The movie is in running for The Oscar for best adapted screenplay.

The movie strangely reminded me of Anbe Sivam, a throbbing movie in which a communist and a capitalist become bed-fellows due to circumstances and the movie walks you through their minds as they travel from a flood hit Orissa to Tamil Nadu. The self-centered capitalist eventually starts thinking outside the box and contributes his bit for the society. It is indeed a good piece of work in Tamil where it is rare to find anything offbeat. I am sure some of you will point out that the movie was a remake of a popular Hollywood comedy but to transfer these movies into Tamil and make it culturally relevant is a challenge in itself.


It was quite a journey Posted by Hellole='border:0px;padding:0px;background:transparent;' align='absmiddle'>

This is probably the only movie i watched thrice in US in theatre. :) Check out their
website

http://www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com/home.html

and you can listen to the OST. Pretty much an haunting music if you love the movie. Waiting for the DVD to be shipped by Columbia house.

I might wanna own the DVD too... It is definitely worth it. I watched it without paying too much attention to the soundtrack but will listen to it

then when someone comes to india send a copy of the dvd through them.......u said its good.

I have it in my queue in Blockbuster Online. I have heard good things about the movie too.

anon
the movie is runnin in theatres in India, I heard... Check out theatres in Chennai

TLB
Push it up the queue...

and I'll push it up too :-)

Post a Comment