« Home | New iPods to cost less This is a juicy and quite ... » | The Oscar goes to....I watched The Motorcycle diar... » | It is a Man's world?, is it so??Many a time, you a... » | WaterI beckoned the waiter for "Water" and so did ... » | Snoop - Da Top DawgI have spent the last few week... » | For the recordThis photograph shows my allergy to ... » | My Photo PhobiaNope it is not the fear of light.It... » | Love you AllLove is a beautiful four letter word. ... » | THINKING LONG AND HARDMe Suffering from constipati... » | Marooned with just Miller Light for companyI have ... » 

2/23/2005 

Pride and Prejudice

I watched Bride and Prejudice last weekend with a lot of pride that it is an Indian movie and a prejudice that it would not be any good. I should actually say the pride part remained intact and the prejudice part took a slight knock. I thought the movie was a decent timepass but it would have been much bigger but for two reasons 1. Music 2. Aishwarya Rai. I am not sure what the heck was the producer thinking when he gave the music direction to Anu Malik for a Hollywood musical. The dude doesn't have a clue and the weakest part in the musical was the music itself. I am sure even Deva would have done a better job than Malik. I think the movie would have been a better success if they had handed over the reins of music to A.R.Rahman

Coming to the second part, Aishwarya Rai. She looks good in the movie but there has been deliberate attempt to push her into the limelight ahead of others in the movie that is including Martin Henderson, the hero of the movie and she has fallen flat. As the main character of the movie, she should have delivered a much stronger performance. If she was expecting Hollywood to come knocking at the doors after this effort, I am sorry Ash - "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" and I also hope that she picks up her socks before her other Hollywood movies. As a Sushmita fanatic, I would have prefered her dazzling presence in saris than Aish.....

Here is a long story that appeared about India in an Arizona newspaper. I haven't had a chance to read it but I should say the movie atleast will dispel some common American prejudices about India.....

Hooray for Bollywood!

[Special Note: The Last Blogger made a tongue-in-cheek remark about dentists and ice a few days back. His words might really come true. I am feeling a tinge of pain in my upper gums.... Kari naaku da unnaku]

Whats with the new look? Devil Boy

KD

y the new look??? takes time to get used to it.......anyway bride and prejudice was a mega flop no use talking bout that..........

KD
The devils wants to sit camouflaged in the colors of the Kar Sevaks :-)

---Sud

Anon 2,
Leave your name here afterwars unless you don't want your dad to know that you are reading such useless literature every day

--Sud

thankfully I haven't seen it :)

new look is good man.

TLB ikku nejamave kari nakku thaan :)

Sud
Intention was not the same as the comment. I am sure a dentist wouldnt be required and the pain will go away.

I maintain what I have said about Ash all along. She is this ethereal beauty (one that walks earth once every decade or so).But for crying out loud, the last thing she is good at is acting..and she is so fake in her shows and press conferences...I dunno who is the natural and no-inhibitions Ash at all. She is so fake.

TLB
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope your words come true just one more time.
Also, Rai was not great in both Letterman and 60 minutes. She was at the loss of words for most Q's and was giggling away most of the time.

Post a Comment