« Home | Love you AllLove is a beautiful four letter word. ... » | THINKING LONG AND HARDMe Suffering from constipati... » | Marooned with just Miller Light for companyI have ... » | A Message that I got todayAB-ve blood is urgently ... » | STRESS TESTMy Manager sent this to me... The dude ... » | Sex, Schooling and DVD "Edhukkuda Intha Kandravi E... » | When I was really young, I perceived *kissing* as ... » | The Mahatma - His Life was his message Jan 30 was... » | No more Tsunami Stories Ever since Tsunami struck... » | Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know ... » 

2/16/2005 

My Photo Phobia

Nope it is not the fear of light.It is my fear of photographs. I am allergic to the camera from either side of the lens. For a long time, I did not know how to react to them and I literally used to give the photo clicker the coldest stare possible. So somehow, cameras and I never shared a great degree of romance. Over the last few years, my behavior has changed a little bit as I am treating these cameras more like I would treat "high maintenance but mostly sexy" receptionists and administrative assistants- you know you cannot handle them but at least smile at them... So cameras have brought out a smile from me in the last couple of years.

As I was getting over the fear, one particular photograph made me go into the shell again... Another friend, who I always believed suffered from a similar fear and me were asked to share the frame space with a famous celebrity and we are more than happy to pose right next to him with a wide smile. The celebrity's stuff had to be moved to his vehicle and since he had obliged us with a snap, we decided to return the favor by helping with the move. This was the one decision that we regretted. What followed was a 3 hour ordeal which took took so long inspite of the involvement of 10 other people.....

I guess that was the lesson learnt and allergy continues to haunt me even today but to a lesser degree....

Here is the famous photo....


Carkit, Pc.Sircar and me Posted by Hello

aei u know how to smile revealing all your 13 front teeth if not all 32.........why the overaction i see u smiling always in all photos and videos......incl. all family functions.....

anon
all the family pics that u have seen were after I got over the hump and also it makes sense to smilein those pics becos fotos usually mean that u r outta that place after that .... hence the wide :-)

already he is revealing most of his front teeth :-)

I gotta ask. Are you the person to the left or right. (I could have asked are you the skinny one or the one on the other side of skinny) :)

I am the one in the middle :-)... I am definitely the other side of the skinny one but for the record I have to say that I was once that skinny when I came to the U.S.A but thats a whole new blog game... :-)

Also, the skinny one blogs and he is the Italian Dave Barry

I totally agree...that photo squashed any possible hopes of a recovery.

"high maintenance but mostly sexy" receptionists...that was nice.

KD

Post a Comment