« Home | Mr. and Mrs.Smith: Bad MarriageI left the theatre ... » | ReunionsHey they are back together again. As a f... » | Marathoning Continues....I was up at about 6:00 in... » | so, will they call him pseudo nationalistI wanted ... » | Holy SmokesI have read from almost every blog that... » | When were you born? Was it 1871 » | Can someone explain this to me » | KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid"As you simplify your l... » | Run Forrest Run One of the main raison d'etre for... » | The Pulp Fiction HangoverThanks to Vincent Vega, w... » 

6/23/2005 

All good things must come to an end

I should have written this when we saw the last of Steve Nash for this season but I waited to write the eulogy on this NBA season until it actually got over. Quite predictably, the Spurs won. Detroit with its bunch of thugs could only defend but could not score. Spurs had great weapons...

1. Duncan- He is humility personified. He is so humble that if you watch a post match conference even after his team's victory by 20 points, he would be singing the praises of how well the opposition played.

2. Ginobli - The name wouldn't be out of place in the menu card of the Italian restaurant near your home but fate would have it associated with a basketball player. An unbelievable ball handler who proves that Argentinians are equally adept with handling the ball both with the feet and the hand.

3. Tony Parker - Did you know they played Basketball in France? I swear I di n't know until I saw Tony Parker. Until the end of 2003 season, I always mixed his name with the more famous Parker- Peter Parker. This guy can play and he can now take the Larry O Brien Trophy for company when he goes out with desperate housewife Eva Langoria.

4. Robert Horry - I used to hate him when he was with the Lakers. But I hated everybody associated with the Lakers from Jerry Buss to the team bus driver. He had some clutch three point shots and sealed the game.

Its party time in San Antonio and I know how the city vibrates after they win a majore championship. I wanted to relive the feeling this year in front of America West arena but it was not meant to be. But the suns will raise again like a Phoenix out of the ashes and annex the trophy next year. I would be there for the parade next year and maybe all good things won't come to an end....

duncan and kevin garnett are really close friends...damn are they good..

Itll be interesting to see if the Suns amazing run this year is a one-off thing or an indication of things to come. Also, I was rooting for the Spurs just because I wanted Detroit to lose. And Larry Brown really screwed things up big time.

Ginobli also won two consecutive MVP's with the Italian League :-) . As for the suns I guess they are drafting a 7-foot center for the next season. Hope it works well for them. Will love to see Phoenix Kick Ass next season !!! :-)

~Prassi

Duncan and Garnett are good friends? I haven't heard that before... The only times I have seen them co-exist is during the Addidas advertisement

TLB
I am guarantsheeding [ Rasheed Walae style] you t hat you will see the Suns again in the playoffs next year, running loose like a cheetah behind ts prey :-0

Only an Italian can tell us about the Italian League:-) Yeah even I read about Mile Ilic , the serbian center who worked out for the Suns yesterday. He is 7'1" with 9'5" shooting reach

my main man... \ye KG is the best..damn if only he no longer in timberwolves.. damn.. they were also damn good at some pt of time... lopez, garnett, loren wood, some damn good freethrow shooter, and billups.. but still.. did timberwolves ever win a playoff??

Hats off to Spurs for beating Detroits. I watched Duncan's conference that you have mentioned. I felt the same way as you did.

Mr. Korangoo
I hate Detroit for the same reason that I love Phoenix. [OFFENSE]

With Duncan, I was being sarcastic about this being soooo humble and not really owning up even his team's victory. I love both attitude and arrogrance from sportsmen. Steve waugh, McGrath, Warne, Lara, Randy Moss, T.O., Sheed are all my personal favorites

I mentioned Horry as a star of the playoffs only because I acknowledges the three point shooting.

Post a Comment