« Home | Run Forrest Run One of the main raison d'etre for... » | The Pulp Fiction HangoverThanks to Vincent Vega, w... » | The path of the righteous man is beset on all side... » | HELLO !!! HELLLO!!! HELLLO!!!!!This wasn't the tim... » | I have heard the complaints about the Government o... » | Monday, Bloody MondayNext Monday, this time I will... » | Its Carnatic Music on the Guitar, Its DifferentPra... » | Bose: Rahman is the BossIf you are a staunch Hindu... » | Home - Away from Home As a desi in the Bay Area, ... » | Sideways: A Roadtrip at leisurely placeI have neve... » 

6/01/2005 

KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

"As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness." said Henry David Thoreau and here I am realizing the deep meaning of these words after exactly 143 years and 12 days after the man kicked the bucket. But, yeah as all procastinators say "Better late than never".

I decided to scratch the surface of simple living by

1. re-embracing vegetarianism. Yeah, I am supposed to be a vegetarian by birth but hunger has broken stone walls, chicken legs, shrimp shells etc etc. I have decided to become a vegetarian again and hopefully this time I can keep it up.

2. Minimizing the use of paper.

I was reading an article written by sparun, a friend of mine, on simple living and it is the one that has made me think on those lines

Interesting...
About paper? Toilet rolls????
Just kidding.!

Good luck.

Yeah, I am still thinking about toilet paper rolls

I have found a way for not using paper in the restroom after washing my hands by carrying a hand towel

ullain aiyya...aha woho... neengalum ishtart panni vitirkala??? romba nalla irikku... naangalum appo ishtart panniyanum.....

GV
Yeah I will think about in a few weeks and months when other changes in my lifestyle are done, I shall address the trivial ones like the toilet paper and blogging

machi, nee restrooms la paper use panna matten innu sonna udane konjam bayandhen :) nalla velai, kai thodaikkara paper dhaana :)

by the way, isn't paper recyclable?

Saran
Just because it is recyclable you cannot use it just as much as you want...

Also, I was reading in National Geographic Journal that if there was another America, then there has to be another world to serve all America's needs. That is how much resources people in America are consuming

How about attire O' Full Blitzer! Don't give "darshan" to Bay area junta!

DJ Desh

with manoj out of the way...that should be easy - being a vegetarian.

KD.

Good resolutions. May they come to fruition.

Great C&H strip. Loved it !

Post a Comment