« Home | Read this-agirlcalleddivya If you are guy, you wou... » | Boston won yesterday and put to rest the ghosts of... » | BOSTON WINS!!!!! Thanksgiving 2003- Red Sox GM Th... » | Is this for real? is the temporary title of my nov... » | Watch this Space I am going to be playing the ro... » | Today is Saraswathi Pooja. I loved this day when ... » | Isn't the world getting more and more bizzare??? M... » | Headlines I read a headline on Yahoo the other da... » | JOHNNY JOHNNY YES PAPA!!!! I am touching the roof... » | I found this in a friends blog. Isn't it amazing h... » 

11/01/2004 

HATE HATE

Yesterday was the day 20 years back, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was shot dead and hell broke loose in Delhi. Sikhs were slaughtered much like the communal riots in Gujarat couple of years back. All these years later, the reality is that there is so much of hate in this world. Folks embracing other faiths and being co-existent are branded as "atheists" . I can stand a few sporadic incidents around the world engineered by the lunatic fringes of every religion but I cannot really tolerate any state sponsored terrorism or communalism. Bono's(U2) words are really golden when he laments.....

Broken bottles under children's feet
Bodies strewn across the dead end street

And the battle's just begun
There's many lost, but tell me who has won
The trench is dug within our hearts
And mothers, children, brothers, sisters
Torn apart

And it's true we are immune
When fact is fiction and TV reality
And today the millions cry
We eat and drink while tomorrow they die