« Home | Home - Away from Home As a desi in the Bay Area, ... » | Sideways: A Roadtrip at leisurely placeI have neve... » | Its Carnatic Music on the Guitar, Its DifferentPra... » | That Four Letter WordHindu Journalist Sudhish Kama... » | Trains of ThoughtHow about making love on a real t... » | God Bless the Queen"Fat bottomed girls you make th... » | Water! Water!Water is the biggest elixir of life. ... » | Hakuna MatataDid you know that all hue and cry abo... » | Planes, trains and automobiles I watched the movi... » | Dirty DozenDISCLAIMER: The title has no connection... » 

4/11/2005 

Bose: Rahman is the Boss

If you are a staunch Hindu nationalist, you will even frame Rahamn as a proselytizer after you heard "Zikhr" from Bose. I have said "Allah hooo, Allah hoo" more times today than I have chanted "Gayatri Mantram" all my life. Bose, the latest offering from ARR proves once again a theory that I have had ever since I heard Roja - " First there is Rahman, then there is light and then there is the rest" . ARR has rocked the Indian music scene again with a patriotic offering. Jana Gana Maana is soul stirring and so are the numbers "Kadam Kadam" and "Hum Dilli Dilli Jayenge" where the songs are accompanied by the cadence of the marching army......

It is worth your money if you are buying the CD and it is worth your time, if your downloading it off the internet.

Sudarshan,
I was looking for someone to review the music of Bose. I looked at the song list at Raaga and noticed there were a lot of songs like the old movies.

Of late I have a feeling ARR hasn't given smash hits like he used to. Let's see if BOSE changes the trend

rahman has lost tat spark of his earlier days.... songs from roja, thiruda thiruda are amazing.... his beats have a striking similarity with those of enigma....

Hmm... Interesting...

Is this "Allah Hoo, Allah Hoo" from Ustad Nusrat?

If yes, are you another Sufi Afficionado?

Amit
I aint sure but the lrics haven't been attributed to anyone else other than Jved Akhthar and so I am assuming it is a original composition by ARR. I am not a Sufi afficiando

Are you that staunch nationalist???

I heard it the day it came out in poor quality audio. Excellent orchestration. Good songs. Apparently there is a big publicity thing going on with the movie in Kolkota. I am waiting to see it .LoBS was a good one. Hope this one is too.

Hi see you in my home in Rio de Janeiro

Celine
It would be nice to see you in Rio De Janerio if only I knew you.... Sorry, Celine, I am not sure who you are

Sudarshan,
Sorry my friend, I bought the CD yesterday at Berkeley, listened to it on my way home. Not upto the mark IMHO.
Either

1. I am growing Old.
2. Something Wrong with Rahman.

Narayanan
Certain things grow on you... listen to it a coupla more times and if you don't like it, then I shall accept that " YOU ARE GROWING OLD"

funny.

kd

Ok, I'll listen again per your advice today again.! Then's let's check my age out.!! How about that.!

I agree! :)

I was singing Zikr at home and my mom went "dei! slokam solla sonna sollaadhe, idha mattum paadu!"

Narayan Venkitu,
Rahman's changed his priorities. He seems more intent on satisfying his creative side than look for box-office blockbusters. That explains his Meenaxi, Kisna, Bose...
But he always comes back with a Boys or an Aayitha Ezhuthu to show he hasn't lost his touch! :)

All IMHO.

And yeah, I guess Zikr is a muslim prayer that contains all the names of Allah. or something like that! But I do know it's called Rememberance of God.

hell, halfbaked knowledge sucks! :(

Sudharshan,
I think my age shows.!!

Post a Comment