« Home | Its Carnatic Music on the Guitar, Its DifferentPra... » | That Four Letter WordHindu Journalist Sudhish Kama... » | Trains of ThoughtHow about making love on a real t... » | God Bless the Queen"Fat bottomed girls you make th... » | Water! Water!Water is the biggest elixir of life. ... » | Hakuna MatataDid you know that all hue and cry abo... » | Planes, trains and automobiles I watched the movi... » | Dirty DozenDISCLAIMER: The title has no connection... » | Love Da Fight Club Watched this piece of shit mov... » | India Vs. Pakistan - The Charm Persists Click here... » 

4/08/2005 

Sideways: A Roadtrip at leisurely place

I have never ever met or seen people who spoke so much about wine. I met, spoke, partied with people who spoke about all kinds of beer, rum and whisky but not about wine. I finally did when I saw Sideways yesterday. Paul Gimatti plays the protaganist who is in the midst of an absolutely horrible mid life crisis and he is a eight grade teacher and is trying to break it big in the field of non fiction novels. Thomas Haden Church, plays his friend and is a voice over artists [ like the guy who says "India, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan - Gopal Pal Podi" in the radio advertisement]. The two young turks [ obviously sarcastic] decide to take a road trip to the wineries of Southern California to celberate Church's last week of bachelorhood. So the movie is about Wine, how it is made, how people can talk hours together about it , how thomas haden church uses his charms to bone multiple women and how women break his nose when they find out he has been cheating.

If you have time, do watch this money which would have cost a little over a few thousand dollars to make and most of the cost would have gone to buy the wine they are drinking throughout the movie. One positive aspect about the movie is that it is different and is great for people who want to watch something other than the ordinary. If I were to write this review for Ananda Vikatan, I would give this movie 37/100.

PS: I think I am going to buy my first wine bottle today. I guess it will be a Pinot Noir

I heard and read the reviews of the movie.

Everyone spoke about the wineries and how the Pinot Noir is selling a lot these days thanks to the movie.

Thanks for the points about the movie.

I am not a big wine fan myself...but thanks to the health benefits I do take a glass occasionally, though I don't enjoy it.!!!

Narayanan
Any Wine is really good when mixed with Old Monk original Rum in the ratio of 1:50.... Try that combo :-)

wine!!!!!!! when did u stop drinking milk... to start wine...

Sudarshan ... u shld ask KD all u want abt wines ... he's been drinking a lot of it here ... His favorite is the Chianti ... BTW, I just heard from the guys in AZ ... I guess Manoj is there and they are having a reunion ... Spoke to the gang, looks like they are having a lot of fun ...

~Prassi

Anon
I always drank milk in front of you so that infants like you don't get the wrong examples

Prassi
I was supposed to go there as well. But what to do, but damn work just intervened....

Sudarshan,
This is too tempting..!!
Rum and wine..!! BTW, Old Monk Rum is my favorite drink..or rather used to be.!! I even have a nick name RUM-ESH. ( My parents call me Ramesh).

I'll definitely try it soon.!

I have the DVD at home. Will probably see it today or tomorrow. Saw Spanglish last night. Nothing fantastic but a stunning Paz Vega and some good acting makes it worthwhile.

Post a Comment