« Home | Bose: Rahman is the BossIf you are a staunch Hindu... » | Home - Away from Home As a desi in the Bay Area, ... » | Sideways: A Roadtrip at leisurely placeI have neve... » | Its Carnatic Music on the Guitar, Its DifferentPra... » | That Four Letter WordHindu Journalist Sudhish Kama... » | Trains of ThoughtHow about making love on a real t... » | God Bless the Queen"Fat bottomed girls you make th... » | Water! Water!Water is the biggest elixir of life. ... » | Hakuna MatataDid you know that all hue and cry abo... » | Planes, trains and automobiles I watched the movi... » 

4/13/2005 

Its Carnatic Music on the Guitar, Its Different


Prasanna Concert in the Bay Area Posted by Hello

heh organiser????? vanakkam aiya!!!

Sudarshan,
Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday to the concert.

How was it.?

The show was good... Prasanna is awesome... The more I listen to him the more I curse myself that I did not really take my uncle's words seriously. He always said " Learn some musical instrument".... I say damn, but starting the guitar classes is on the to dos list for the year but lets see....

so...... i gots to tell this to him.....LOLs tooooo funny

wokay yettaiyya next blog pls. bored here

Carnatic music using the guitar is actually a hard skill to master. One of the reasons, why Prasanna is as popular and good as he is. I have heard some recordings of his stuff. He is really good. While the instrument itself doesnt pan out well for the elaborate carnatic pieces, the shorter songs sound really well in the guitar.

Post a Comment