« Home | A sense of Deja Vu Last Monday, one of the basebal... » | POLITICS 001 Thanks to my friend JK, here is poli... » | Bushims are the most outrageous comments from the ... » | I have had traffic tickets for speeding but never ... » | The Hindu ran a feature on Pandit Shivkumar Sharma... » | India Currents News: Austin on my Mind writes Dili... » | Bush, Kerry and the Sun devils I was there for fou... » | AIR WARS Southwest Airlines, a pioneer is low cos... » | It is a mad world The last two movies I have watc... » | "Go East" :A Mantra echoed even in Olympics Is th... » 

9/15/2004 

Mountain out of a molehill is my only reaction to this story from India. Indian Media has always been famous for making heroes out of zeroes but Hindu has always been an exception. Hindu has glorified the negative sides of an appalling and boring form of entertainment- mega serials. Mega serials in India have proliferated far and wide, their reach can only be matched by the other nusiance of India- mosquitoes. All of them run the same thread of story where the protoganists tend to cry at the drop off the hat. I am not sure how folks back home can relate to these histronics.